Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card


A sci-fi classic. Andrew "Ender" Wiggen is most certainly not your average child. At the ripe age of six, he is recruited by the military for training in preparation for the ultimate battle of alien vs. human dominion. Rooted from a family of distant parents, a sadistic brother, and a loving sister, Ender is thrown into battle simulations, isolated from anyone he might potentially become close with, and manipulated to become the ultimate weapon. Ender's Game includes aliens, war, politics, family, and diplomacy. What more does one need?

This book has received several awards, exceptional reviews, and came highly recommended to me. However, I did not enjoy it as much as I had anticipated. I recognize that I am in the minority and can appreciate others fondness of the story. Though an interesting read, it does not hold the significance and discernment for me as it does many other readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment