Friday, October 30, 2009

Reading Reflections: October 2009

Books Read:
Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine (Review)
Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine (Review)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Review)
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Review)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (Review)
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Review)
Shadowfae by Erica Hayes (Review)
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (Review)

Total Books Read: 8

Most Anticipated: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Biggest Let Down: Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

Favorite Read: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Highest rank: 5 apples (6 times!)

Lowest rank: 3 apples (only once!)

Overall Reflection:
October was a great reading month! I thoroughly enjoyed many great books, as you can tell by all the high ratings! It was really tough to pick a favorite! The Hunger Games books were definitely at the top of my list! A big thank you to everyone who recommended them! I also highly enjoyed The Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book in the series to come out next week!!! Shadowfae was a book I read solely by reading reviews and recommendations. I most likely wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. :)

7 comments:

  1. You had a great month! Have a nice weekend and ofcourse a happy halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful, Lily. Love the changes.

    I think I might do a Reading Reflections post next month, I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nina

    Thanks! It was an exceptional reading month! Enjoy your weekend as well! Happy Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TJ

    Thanks love! :) I really enjoy the end-of-month review. Gives me a chance to reflect on what I read, what I liked, what I didn't like. I really like the colors of the new background, thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lily: The colors are great! I particularly like the background and how it integrates with the side-barish design.

    I think end of the month reflections are a great idea. What a great way to keep track of everything. I love it. :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TJ

    Thanks! I really fell in love with this new design. I loved my old background as well, but thought it was about time for a change. I particularly like the blue color on the sides. :)

    I have been racking my brain for a feature to spotlight on my blog. The end of month review was an idea I got from my friend Nancy, who has a book blog over on LJ called Temporary Worlds. She posts on bookish a lot as well! :)

    I will be doing an other feature that is a bit similar to your Friday Finds, though a bit different as well. It won't be a regular thing, just when I pick up books. Perhaps a bit closer to Calico Reaction's book bag?

    Enjoy your reading today! It seems the perfect day for reading here. Gloomy, cool, fallish...perfect for grabbing a cup of coffee and cozy-ing up to a good book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lily: Ah, yes, I like Book Bags or Friday Finds posts--great place to get ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete