Monday, August 6, 2012

The White Glove War (Magnolia League #2) by Katie Crouch and Grady Hendrix




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Every society has its secrets.

The members of Savannah's Magnolia League have it all: money, beauty, power, and love. Some may call them lucky, but we know better. Spells, potions, and conjures are a girl's best friends, and thanks to the Buzzards -- a legendary hoodoo family -- the Magnolias never run out of friends.

Golden girl Hayes Anderson would never dream of leaving the League or Savannah, where there's no problem that can't be fixed with a cup of Swamp Brew tea -- served in a bone china cup, of course -- and no boy who can't be won over with a Conjure Up a New Love spell.

But when danger lurks and family secrets are unearthed, Hayes discovers that her life may not be charmed after all.
Book Review:
I don't know exactly what it is, but these books are like crack to me (see my review of the Magnolia League)! I just can't get enough of the south mixed with Hoodoo and high society ladies! The more I read about Alex, the more I like her. She annoyed me a bit in the first book, but she seems to have grown as an overall character in this book. I was a bit hesitant about the addition of Grady Hendrix, but he really added some depth the overall story arc. I'm really looking forward to the

Favorite Quote:
“Don't you see?" she says. "I want your life to be better than mine. That's all any parent wants.” 

Cover Art Commentary:
Honestly, this cover is just okay. Nothing really stands out. On the plus side it matches its predecessor! 

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good and I love love love that quote. So true. Every parent wants that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju,
    I've really enjoyed this series. It's like crack to me! :)

    ReplyDelete