Thursday, April 30, 2015

Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): When Prudence Alessandra Maccon Akeldama (Rue to her friends) is given an unexpected dirigible, she does what any sensible female would under similar circumstances - names it the Spotted Custard and floats to India in pursuit of the perfect cup of tea. But India has more than just tea on offer. Rue stumbles upon a plot involving local dissidents, a kidnapped brigadier's wife, and some awfully familiar Scottish werewolves. Faced with a dire crisis and an embarrassing lack of bloomers, what else is a young lady of good breeding to do but turn metanatural and find out everyone's secrets, even thousand-year-old fuzzy ones? 

Book Review:
Where to start? Well, I must confess, I am a HUGE fan of Gail Carriger! I love her Parasol Protectorate series as well as her YA Finishing School series. So when her spin-off series The Custard Protocol became available, I knew it wouldn't be long before I read it. This book delivers everything I expected and more. To start, I love the main character Rue. She's adventurous, engaging and full of spunky attitude. The supporting characters are just as wonderful. I loved the twins and their contrasting personalities. I also enjoyed the romantic tension between Quesnel and Rue. It gave the plot some spicy flavor. Like always, it takes me a little bit to get into Carriger's novels. I believe it's because her stories are so different and colorful. But once I get into the right spirit, it's darn-near impossible for me to set her books down. This book was no different. However, it wasn't too long before I became engaged in the wit, adventure, and mystery of Carriger's novel. I will definitely be continuing this series!

Cover Art Commentary:
At first glance, I'm not a fan. It's just another book cover with a woman wearing a dress. Then I look closer, and notice the Taj Mahal in the back ground and the dirigible and everything clicks in place. I love the gears around the title as well. :)

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment