Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Kate Quinn’s mom died last year, leaving Kate parentless and reeling. So when the unexpected shows up in her living room, Kate must confront another reality she never thought possible—or thought of at all. Kate does have a father. He’s a powerful politician. And he’s running for U.S. President. Suddenly, Kate’s moving in with a family she never knew she had, joining a campaign in support of a man she hardly knows, and falling for a rebellious boy who may not have the purest motives. This is Kate’s new life. But who is Kate? When what she truly believes flies in the face of the campaign’s talking points, she must decide. Does she turn to the family she barely knows, the boy she knows but doesn’t necessarily trust, or face a third, even scarier option?
Set against a backdrop of politics, family, and first love, this is a story of personal responsibility, complicated romance, and trying to discover who you are even as everyone tells you who you should be. 

Book Review:
It took me a long time to finish this book. Not because of pacing issues or anything...I just had a lot of things going on in real life that didn't leave time for much reading. However, reaching for this book at the end of a long day was like coming home. The story sucks you in right away. I was instantly hooked. Kate makes for such a easy relate-able protagonist. Kudos to Thorne for making such a likable, centered main character. It's soooo refreshing!!! I don't know how Kate made it through as well as she did. A lot of things happen that caused me to react emotionally throughout the story. I can't imagine being in Kate shoes as she experiences these things first hand. I also enjoyed the subtle highlights of politics without being heavy-handed. Overall, this was an engaging story that left me wanting more at the end of every chapter. I highly recommend this story if you're looking for a contemporary with a bit of pizzazz.  

Cover Art Commentary:
I LOVE this cover! It's so vibrant and bright! Love the nod to DC in the background!

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you loved this! I have it on my TBR pile. I will have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete