Monday, November 30, 2009

Reading Reflections: November 2009

Books Read:
Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
(Review)
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) by Rick Riordan
(Review)
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan
(Review)
Fade Out by Rachel Caine
(Review)
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) by Rick Riordan
(Review)
The Sea of Monsters(Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan
(Review)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan (Review)

Total Books Read: 7

Most Anticipated: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Biggest Let Down: None this month! :)

Favorite Read: Hmmm...it's between Ill Wind by Rachel Caine and The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Highest rank: 5 apples

Lowest rank: 4 apples

Overall Reflection:
An excellent month in reading! I highly enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, much more than I had anticipated. The final book was definitely the best in the series, although I really enjoyed the fourth book as well, the labyrinth was such an interesting concept to me. I also got to read the latest installment of the Morganville Vampire series, which was lovely. I just adore Caine's writing. I also got to start her Weather Warden series, which so far is amazing. It's definitely more complex than the Morganville series, which actually left me feeling a bit more satisfied! I look forward to another month of fantastic reads! :)

5 comments:

  1. I so want to start a Rachel Caine book. Heard so many good things about her writing!
    Nice month in reading you had there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me by one book! Riordan and Caine must be good to keep your attention all month long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susi
    I have really grown to love Caine's writing! Let me know what you decide to read! :)

    @TJ
    Wow. You must be a fast reader! To have read 6 books while going to school is quite a feat! I was unable to read many non-school-related books while I was in college! I usually only averaged 12-17 books per year. I wonder how much you would read if you weren't in school! You'd prolly be a reading machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always so inspired by other people's reflection posts, it's amazing how much work we put into our blogs without really thinking about it. I also wanted to say that I'm really enjoying your posts and am now a follower. Keep up the great work!

    Emily
    What Book is That?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emily
    Thank you so much for your comment and for following. I will add you back. I took a peak at your blog, and I absolutely love it! I will also add you on twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete