Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Bundle

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love - the light and the dark, the warm and the cold - in a way you will never forget. -goodreads.com

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker—his classmate and crush—who committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he’ll find out how he made the list. Through Hannah and Clay’s dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers. -goodreads.com

Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James. Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing. -goodreads.com

Source: All of these were purchased at my local indie bookstore. :)

Most Anticipated: I am honestly jazzed to read all of these. I've read the first book to Guardian of the Gate, entitled Prophecy of the Sisters. So I'm excited to read the installment of the series. I haven't read Stiefveter's books, but I have read so many good reviews. I am really looking forward to reading Shiver (which I already own), as well as Linger. I have read several reviews on Thirteen Reasons Why, but I most recently read a review over at TinasBookReviews that was absolutely phenomenal. Therefore, I have stopped reading Beastly, and started Thirteen Reasons Why, which is honestly the book I am anticipating the most. :)

5 comments:

  1. Great stash! Happy reading! Guardian of the Gate sound particularly interesting. Guess I'd have to pick up the first book, uh, first! LOL

    Carole
    The Romance Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guardian of the gate looks pretty cool, I'll have to check out its predecesor. Thanks for turning me on to new books Lily! :D

    I'm interested to see how you like shiver/ linger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bunch! I have Prophecy of the sisters sitting on my bookshelf...really haave to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THEY ALL are going to be good. Linger was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Carole
    The first book is pretty good. A little slow in pacing, but very suspenseful. Very much looking forward to the second installment! :)

    @Tipsy
    Aw, thanks hon! :) Shiver and Linger are high up on my tbr list. So keep an eye out, I'll be reading and reviewing them soon! :)

    @YA Vamps
    Like I told Carole, the Prophecy of the Sisters is a bit slow in pacing, but otherwise, excellent. Let me know what you think if you pick it up! :)

    @Liz
    Thanks hon! Really looking forward to this bunch! :D

    ReplyDelete