Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reading Reflections: November 2011


Books Read:
The Revenant by  Sonia Gensler
Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherine M. Valente
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs 

Total Number of Books Read This Month: 6

Total Number of Books Read This Year:
58

Most Anticipated:
Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter

Biggest Let Down:
(If I had to pick one)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Favorite Read:
I'm torn between Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter and All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin

Highest Rank: 5

Lowest Rank: 4

Overall Reflection: 
November was a fantastic month in terms of reading.  Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter was a great installation in the series, I can't wait for Taken at Dusk to release in April! The Revenant by  Sonia Gensler was a satisfying ghost story. While I enjoyed The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, I felt it lack a certain depth and didn't fully explain some elements of the story. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherine M. Valente was a whimsical, modern-day fairy tale. All These Things I've Done was a surprising read, I am totally in love with Garielle Zevin's! She is on my list of must read authors! I also really enjoyed Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs, such a fun read! This month might be a little lighter in reading due to school and the holidays.


1 comment:

  1. All the books you read look good. I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and thought the same but there's a second book so hopefully we'll get some more answers.

    ReplyDelete