Sunday, August 19, 2012

Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

Book Review:
I was really excited to read this one. However, it took me forever to get through it. It seemed rather predictable. The romance was a little flat for me. Evie loves Lend, Lend loves Evie, Reth is well, Reth. I dunno. Maybe I was just in a mood when I read this. I ADORED the first book, and every subsequent book has let me down. I enjoyed the paranormals and the trips to the fairy realms. Arianna is quite possibly my favorite character. White wraps the series up nicely, though rather predictable. Fans of the series will enjoy this one.

Favorite Quote:
“Now, now, you aren't afraid of monsters in the dark, are you?" I caught a flash of her eyes, winking wickedly at me.

"No," I said, shivering. After all, I was one of them.” 

Cover Art Commentary:
Well hello purple! The color is my favorite element of this cover. I imagine Evie a little more everyday looking. I don't know why covers often feature blonde hair-blue eye characters. Mix it up a little folks!

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Yah I loved the first one but couldn't find the mojo to go on. I'm so over trilogies. Great honest review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the second 2 aren't as good as the first one. I am a fan trilogies b/c I like series, but dislike series that go on forever (Sookie Stackhouse, anyone?). It gives the story a nice arc without rambling on without purpose.

      Delete