Saturday, August 15, 2009

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink



Lia and Alice Milthrope are not just any twin sisters, but the newest set of twins in a long line of sisters who are part of an ancient prophecy of good and evil. As polar opposites, one is the gate and the other the guardian. They need to find all four keys to fulfill and/or end the prophecy. The problem is they are recently orphaned, which propels the prophecy forward as well as leaves them with very little resources to figure out their pre-destined roles. Furthermore, as they are at opposite ends of the spectrum, the only knowledge they can trust is not to trust each other.

I randomly picked this book up at the bookstore based on it's cover. At first, it was a little hard to get into, so I set it down and looked up the reviews online, which were stellar. With new found hope, I picked it back up and the story indeed, began to pick up pace and I found myself having difficulty setting it down. It is a very dark novel draped against a very dark background and it is quite lovely. I highly enjoyed reading The Prophecy of the Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment