Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab


Summery:
Neily is beginning his senior year at Brighton Day School, a prep school for privileged kids. Along with starting his final year of high school, Neily is desperately determined get over his ex-girlfriend's, Carly, death. However, Neily discovers this is almost impossible when Audrey, Carly's cousin and best friend, reappears at Brighton. Audrey disappeared shortly after her father was blamed for Carly's death. This year, Audrey seeks out Neily's help to clear her father's name and uncover the true identity of Carly's killer. What they discover is both surprising and dangerous. The closer they get to the truth, the more danger they find themselves in.

Review:
I first read this review over at Lori's YA blog: Pure Imagination. First of all, if you haven't been to Lori's blog, go check it out! It's one of my favorite review sites! Secondly, this book was AMAZING. Based on Lori's review, I knew I wanted to read this book, but I had no idea what I was in store for! This is one serious plot full of surprises and twists! I love discovering things one at a time, along with the characters. It kept me guessing at Carly's murderer the entire time! The characters are wonderfully written, honest and flawed. I enjoyed Audrey and Neily's love-hate relationship, and truly felt like I was along side of them for their entire journey. This is one story that will capture you, making it truly difficult to set down this book! I highly recommend it to readers of all generes! :)

Cover Art Commentary:
This cover is simple, honest, and sad, much like the story. The picture of Carly's corpse doesn't bother me much, rather it adds to the story's mystique.
Rating:

6 comments:

  1. Good Review! By the way your blog is so pretty.



    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book. The story was amazing and so were the characters. Great Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great mystery. I'll keep this one in mind for when I'm in the mood for one...probably once I get this Urban Fantasy kick I'm on out of my system. Very nice review, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to read this....it seems so -creepilicious- I dont know if thats a word.....anyways lovely review makes me want to read this a bit more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Juju
    Thanks hon!

    @Windowpane Memoirs
    Thanks darlin!

    @Sara
    Agreed! This was a truly amazing book. I honestly didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did! :)

    @Donna
    Thanks love! It really is quite good. It came highly recommended, rightly so! :)

    @Tina
    Creepilicious is an excellent word to describe this book! :D

    ReplyDelete