Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Perception (Clarity #2) by Kim Harrington




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.


Book Review:
I really enjoy this series! I was hooked on the first book Clarity, and the followup Perception was just as enticing! :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I love the main character Clare. Her narration really make the books special. I also appreciate a book that emphasizes a close family. The connections between Clare and her mother and brother is exceptional. There are some new characters in this book, some that I enjoyed and others that I quite detested. There was an element, however, that knocked this book down from a five rating. There is a mysterious subplot running throughout the story that ends rather abruptly. I found it to be a little lackluster and disappointing. Otherwise, everything else in this book was rock solid. Really looking forward to the next book in the series!

Favorite Quote:
“Clare. Give me a reason to stay.” 

Cover Art Commentary:
I really like the white background on the multicolored wooded backdrop. I am not a fan of the birds, but that probably stems from my fear of birds. :P

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I remember the author mentioning when the first book came out that this wasn't a series and she wasn't writing a second book. Well, I'm glad she decided otherwise. I enjoyed the first, and am looking forward to reading this too!

    ReplyDelete