Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy #2) by Marie Rutkoski




Book Summery (Via Goodreads):A royal wedding means one celebration after another: balls, fireworks, and revelry until dawn. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement: that she agreed to marry the crown prince in exchange for Arin's freedom. But can Kestrel trust Arin? Can she even trust herself?
Kestrel is becoming very good at deception. she's working as a spy in the court. If caught, she'll be exposed as a traitor to her country. Yet she can't help searching for a way to change her ruthless world...and she is close to uncovering a shocking secret.

Book Review:
Rutkoski's follow-up novel has been highly anticipated, and it does not disappoint. The Winner's Crime is full of action, romance, and suspense. The only issue I had was remembering what exactly happened in the first book. After reading some reviews of The Winner's Curse, I was able to piece things together somewhat. The plot of The Winner's Curse is crucial to the story line of The Winner's Crime, which made things a bit confusing for me. Otherwise, I have no complaints. There is SO MUCH going on in this novel, it's difficult not to devour it in one sitting. I simply cannot wait for the final installment of the series!

Cover Art Commentary:
I like that the cover follows suit of the series. The colors are pretty, and I like the sword/dagger.

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I thought this one was a great second instalment - the author certainly amped things up! Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked the sequel! Luckily we didn't have to deal with the dreaded sequel let down. I can't wait for the next book. Have you heard of this blog? They recap books! http://recaptains.co.uk/recap-list/

    ReplyDelete