Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Third Angel by Alice Hoffman



Alice Hoffman spins a wonderful tale told in three segments. Each segment is told in a different time period. Though the story is told in different time periods through the eyes of different women, there are several common threads that weave these women together, though unknowingly at times. Pay close attention. Something that seems minuscule through the eyes of one character, may be the key to another character's story. I almost wish I hadn't read this book so rapidly, as I may have been able to pick up on things better at a slower pace. I know that I am not giving out much information, but it's Alice Hoffman. Either you like her writing or you don't. I found this to be a fabulous read and essential to my Hoffman collection. I might go as far as to say it is my favorite Hoffman book to date. I devoured this book in three days, while working 12 hour shifts. If you are looking for a story of love, loss, and life, with a touch of the supernatural, then this is definitely a book you don't want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment