Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris


Harper Connelly has an unique ability. Not only can she find the dead, but is able to determine their cause of death, for a price of course. Harper travels around the country with her brother Tolliver, solving death mysteries and leaving as quickly as possible,as people aren't too keen to discover the information they have been seeking since their loved ones death. In the small town of Sarne, Arkansas, Harper and Tolliver become a bit more involved than they normally like. In the end, they hope to make it out of Sarne before it becomes the last case they ever solve alive.

As a fan of Harris' Southern Vampire Mysteries, I greedily picked up the first three books in the Harper Connelly series. While I found the story delightful and intriguing, it wasn't, in my opinion, as good as the SVM. However, I enjoyed reading Grave Sight. I was able to identify with the main character and found myself laughing along with the characters. The ending seemed a little rushed, however. I still look forward to reading the next book in the series Grave Surprise. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a little fun escape from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment