Monday, May 23, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa


Book Summery (via
goodreads):
My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.
Book Review:
Oh. Man. This book is EPIC. Meghan and her friends set out for the battles of all battles. The final showdown against the Iron King. Kagawa does not disappoint! The characters come to life, practically jumping out of the pages. My favorite aspect of this book is the evolution of Meghan's character. She is no longer the whiny, naive girl we met in book one. She has become a strong, independent, and selfless heroine! I've come around to Ash a bit more, but honestly, I think my heart will always belong to Puck. In his defense, you do learn more about Ash, and why he is the way he is. Puck is the ever-present spot of light among the grim, light-hearted, and snarky as always. And my dear Grimalkin! I have such a soft spot for this cunning feline! I do hope to see more of him in the future. Speaking of which, I was beyond delighted to discover this isn't the end of the Iron Fey saga! The most I can find is here on goodreads. You can be sure this reader will be picking up her own copy of the Iron Knight, when it is released (which is tentatively October of this year!).

Favorite Quote:
"I knew better. Fairy godmothers didn't exist, and even if they did, they wouldn't wave a magic wand and make everything better. (Not without a contract, anyway.) Besides, I had something better than a fairy godmother; I had my faery knight, my faery trickster, and my faery cat, and that was enough." (p. 131)

Cover Art Commentary:
Another gorgeous one, such beautiful colors and designs! I just love the covers of this series! :)

Overall Rating:


3 comments:

  1. I've only read The Iron King and do have the other two books. I'm hoping to maybe get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I LOVED this book! I have to disagree with you about Ash though. He is my favorite and far outshines Puck in my opinion. ;)

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete