Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ten by Gretchen McNeil




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Book Trailer:


Book Review:
I wanted a spooky read for October and I got one! Ten is essentially a horror movie in a book. Eerie and suspenseful, this book proved difficult to set down. In fact, I read the entire thing in one sitting. Meg makes for a great main character. She is down-to-earth, smart, and easy to relate to. Minnie on the other hand is the exact opposite. Starting when the reader is introduced to all of the characters, I tried to figure out who was the killer. McNeil did a great job at keeping me guessing! I am eager to read her other book, Possess.

Cover Art Commentary:
The cover is dark and ominous. A perfect setting for a creepy bone-chilling mystery! 

Rating:

6 comments:

  1. Great review! Both of McNeil's books sound like perfect Halloween reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I need to read her other book ASAP!

      Delete
  2. I want to love this but I tried that the beginning was so slow. How long did it take for the action to kick in?

    GREAT review btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juju, it does take a little bit for the action to kick in, but then it's almost nonstop! Let me know if you give it another chance! :)

      Delete
  3. I have Possess on my tbr pile. I really want to dig into it, but there is another book that I want to read first. I know! :)

    Ten sounds amazing. I love horror stories and I want to read this one very bad.

    ReplyDelete