Thursday, September 10, 2015

Life of A Blogger: Worst reasons I ever bought/read a book

This Weeks Topic: Worst reasons I ever bought/read a book
Hosted by Kissin' Blue Karen
I'm not 100% how to do this topic, but I'm gonna give it a go...

*sigh* I read this book when I was 16 years old because it was on the famous "banned books" list. It was stupid and a complete waste of my time. 

Sooo I bought and read this entire series after I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years. I had moved to a city where I didn't know anyone and was lonely. At the time, I remember thinking this series was good. A few years later, I went back to read it and couldn't make it through the first book...it was AWFUL. I sold the series back for store credit.

So the boyfriend mentioned above endlessly pestered me until I read these. It took a month to get through each book. I understood about 50% of what I read. The fun part was discussing the books together. Overall, I must say I didn't take away what he loved about these. Honestly, they were forgettable except for their length. 

I loved, LOVED The Time Travelers Wife. So I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. The pacing was awkward, as were the characters. The ending still sends me into a rage. It's the only time I've ever thrown a book across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment