Friday, November 6, 2009

The Sea of Monsters(Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan


Summery:
Percy Jackson is back for another god-packed adventure. His seventh-grade year has been fairly quiet until a game of dodge ball turns into a free-for-all against a pack of cannibal giants. Percy and his new-found-friend Tyson have no choice but to retreat to Camp Half-Blood. Unfortunately, things aren't much better at the camp. They arrive to find the campers fighting against monsters who are trying to breach the camp boarders. In fact, the entire camp has been poisoned. Further more, Percy suspects his old satyr friend Grover is in trouble. Percy and his half-blood-brethren must go in search of a way to save the camp and his beloved friend before it's too late.

Review:
This is a delightful continuation of The Lightening Thief. Percy meets additional gods, creatures and monsters throughout his quest. I love the way Riordan write the god's characters. It is an originally funny and fresh perspective. Percy's relationship with Tyson is a bit interesting. I won't say much about it for those who haven't read the story. ;) Also, more is revealed to Percy about his possible prophecy. Overall, The Sea of Monsters is a lovely addition to Percy Jackson's story that started in The Lightening Thief. I look forward to more adventures with Percy and the demigods in The Titan's Curse.

Cover Art Commentary:
I love how they take a scene from each book and put it on the front. ;) The colors are quite complimentary of each other. They look beautiful together on my shelf!

Overall Rating:




You may also like:
Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Philips
American Gods or The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling

4 comments:

  1. Nice review! :)

    I have the books for this series on my Reading List. I already have The Lightning Thief and I'm very excited to read it.

    So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joyce

    Thanks! :) Let me know what you think when you read them! They are quite entertaining! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very great. I think I want to join the adventure. Going to put these on my tbr list. :)

    By the way; great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nina

    I am already halfway through the third one! They get better as the go along! Let me know what you think when you read them!

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete