Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

Book Review:
Ok, so I'll admit I was a little leery of picking this one up after reading Wolfsbane. I just adored Nightshade and Wolfsbane was a big letdown. However, Cremer bought me back with Bloodrose. It's very reminiscent of Nightshade, which made this reader very happy. :) There is a lot more action and adventure. The commentary and interactions between the characters are MUCH improved! Plus, there is a lot more of Ren. :) Cremer's intricate plots amaze me. I also like how she releases her books on a schedule. I can easily expect a new book from her every 6 months. It seems that nowadays, authors release a good book or 2, then it's 1 book a year or sometimes even longer (Bitterblue anyone?). Ms. Cremer, color me impressed. While I can appreciate some tough choices that Cremer made plot-wise, I was a little bummed with some of her decisions. Honestly, good books have their causalities and I expected that with this novel, but I can still be sad, can't I? Also, I understand the direction she went with the ending, but again...a little sad. Sometimes it's hard for me when I have a direction I would like the story to go in, and the author takes a completely opposite approach. Overall, I am fan of this series, and am very excited to hear that 2 prequel books are already in the works. If you enjoyed Nightshade, I encourage you to pick Bloodrose up.

Favorite Quote:
“I've always welcomed war, but when the last battle ends, what life is left for a warrior?” 

Cover Art Commentary:
As stated  in my review of Wolfsbane, I'm not a big fan of the "new" covers. However, if I had choose a favorite among the "new" covers, it would be this one. I like the colors, and oddly enough the fur hood. :)

Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment