Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Give it a try! Really!


 A feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This weeks topic: Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read YA Books
  1. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins: Soooo many of my friends who are non-readers are ripping through this series right now. So. Good.
  2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: I haven't read her other books, but this book was amazing. Definitely a darker, slower read full of drama and suspense. Aimed for a mature audience.
  3. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin: If you aren't a regular on my blog, you just might not know how much I LOVE this book. I've been ready for the sequel since page one. I highly recommend this book to everybody!
  4. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly: One of my favorite historical fiction pieces to date. I really, really need to read Revolution too!
  5. All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab: This book was recommended to me by another book blogger. Fantastic. I'm hopping that Jarzab writes another book in the near future!
  6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis: A great book for science fiction and dystopian lovers! Waiting on pins and needles for my copy of A Million Suns to arrive!
  7. The Seven Kingdom series by Kristin Cashore: Another series that was recommended by a book blogger (who was NOT a YA fan). Sooo. Good. Can't wait for the release of Bitterblue.
  8. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: I still smile when I think of this book. Great for people who enjoy good music and snarky commentary.
  9. Dearly, Departed Lia Habel: Fantastic mesh-up of genres. Zombies, apocalyptic, steam punk, war, Victorian societies, science fiction, romance...a little something for everyone. Sending this one to a friend who is not a YA fan. Confident that she will LOVE it! :)
  10. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson: Great book! Topics deal with ethics, medicine, tough decisions. I've been meaning to get a copy of The Fox Inheritance, but at this point, I think I'll wait for the paperback to come out (hopefully soon)!  


What YA books would you recommend to non-YA lovers/readers?

1 comment:

  1. Nice list. I definitely agree with HG. It has such spirit and it could get under anyone's skin. Great list!

    ReplyDelete