Monday, March 18, 2013

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3) by Aimee Carter




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.

Book Review:
I am always hesitant to pick up the final book in a series. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend. I waited as long as I could, but finally curiosity got the best of me. I was a wee bit worried about the storyline since Goddess, Interrupted suffered from the second book syndrome, but The Goddess Legacy renewed my faith in the series. I read The Goddess Inheritance with all the fervor of  The Goddess Test. I finally, FINALLY felt the connect between Kate and Henry that had been lacking all along. I noticed that many reviewers felt that their relationship was a bit off. While the strain of the war certainly played its part, I felt that Kate and Henry finally found their foothold. I enjoyed every moment and every scene they were together in. And Milo, sweet Milo. It would be unimaginable to have your child taken away from you before you could hold him. To have someone re-name them and claim them as their own. I craved justice just as much as Kate and Henry. I also felt at peace with Kate and James' relationship. Overall, I have greatly enjoyed this series. I've enjoyed watching Kate grown into a strong and powerful woman, goddess, and wife. I enjoyed watching Kate and Henry enjoy what they both so desperately deserve. While the re-naming of the gods was a bit confusing, I enjoyed their modernization. A fantastic series! I look forward to Carter's other upcoming works!

Favorite Quote:
"'Do you now?' he said, his eyebrows raised. 'Then tell me - how do you plan on getting off of Olympus? By taking the stairs?'

I hesitated. 'Can I?'

'This isn't a Led Zeppelin song, sweetheart. There are no stairways to heaven'."

Cover Art Commentary:
I am really happy that they kept all of the covers within the same design. I love the earthy feel of the background.

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Excuse me. I didn't mean teaser. I meant quote. I love that quote. It's a great song and the quote mad me grin.

      Delete
    2. I love that quote too! :)

      Delete