Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Book Review:
Let me just say I loved LOVED Anna and the French Kiss. I was dismayed to read several reviews that claimed Lola didn't live up to Anna. I honestly believe this is what lead my delay in reading Lola. However, I am happy to report that not only did Lola live up to my expectations, Lola exceeded them! I found the main character Lola to be original and delightful. I just adored Cricket! I really can't do this book justice. It was a quick, enjoyable read. I highly recommend it! :)

Favorite Quote:
“Just because something isn't practical doesn't mean it's not worth creating. Sometimes beauty and real-life magic are enough.” 

Cover Art Commentary:
Well of course I loooooove the purple! :) I also like that you can see both characters, unlike the cover of Anna and the French Kiss. I totally love the open sky behind Lola and Cricket! The colors are bright and eye-catching!

Review:


No comments:

Post a Comment