Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


Book Summery:
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice? -goodreads.com

Book Trailer:



Book Review:
Andrea Cremer, you have stole my heart with this book! An exquisite tale of love, war, and all things supernatural! Enter Calla, a female Alpha wolf, and average 17 year old...well almost. :P What I loved about Calla was that she was fierce, independent, but not overwhelming. It was easy to see why her pack, as well as Ren and Shay would love her. Ren was a little harder to identify with at first, but I sure did warm up to him as the pages turned. I was overall very surprised by his character, and eventually developed a soft spot for him. Shay is still a mystery to me, but a lovable one. These are the types of characters I LOVE to read about. Real, tangible characters, not too over-the-top. My favorite aspect of Nightshade had to be the world-building. Simply amazing, and well done. I wont say much more because I don't want to spoil it for you!
As eager as I read Nightshade, sadness overwhelmed me when I turned the last page. Six months until the release of it's sequel, Wolfsbane! For those of you who are as eager as I am, you can read a small excerpt at NightShadebook.com. Still craving more? Check out Cremer's website and blog. They are just as creative and original as she is!

Favorite Quote:
"When morning arrived, I shuddered, overwhelmed by exhaustion. I hid in my room, burying myself in all the pillows and blankets I could find. I hunkered down in my cotton fortress until there was a knock at the door." (p. 101)

Cover Art Commentary:
Absolutely stunning! I love the color scheme as well as the overall design. The blood-tinged calla lilies are also a nice touch. ;P This is definitely one of my favorite covers of 2010! The cover of the next book in the series, Wolfsbane, is just as gorgeous!

Overall Rating:

7 comments:

  1. I loved this one too. I also have the Nightshade prequel on my e-reader that I'm hoping to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stole your heart? Sounds amazing :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read great reviews of this book everywhere! Almost everyone seem to love it! Maybe I should put it on mywishlist? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good. And I like both of the covers. I'm now curious for the setting of the book as you say that the world-building is good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I'm so glad! I just got this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you liked that book, you'll probably like "Blood and Chocolate" by Annette Curtis Klause. It's an oldie, but a yummy yummy goodie. Also, dont judge the book for the ATROCIOUS movie.

    ReplyDelete