Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #2) by Ransom Riggs




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine's island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.
Complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly mesmerizing) vintage photographs, this new adventure will delight readers of all ages.

Book Review:
Let's jump right in, shall we? Slightly disappointed with this follow-up to Miss Peregrine's. The first book was certainly more successful. This time around, I felt like Riggs struggled to incorporate the pictures into the story. The result was a choppy, slow-placed story line that didn't speed up until the end. I also felt slightly disconnected from the characters. I have mixed feelings regarding if I'll continue the series or not.

Cover Art Commentary:
I enjoy the originality of these covers. This sequel follows suit with the black and white photos. The photo that is featured is a critical point in the story, so I appreciate that makes me appreciate it even more.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment