Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Book Related Problems I Have
Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Sorry! I couldn't help myself! As soon as I read this week's topic, the song just popped into my head! :) Ok...on to the real list!
- Discussing books with non-book-y types. This is usually how the conversation goes. It's pretty awkward with a lot of pauses. Person:"So, you like to read? " Person looks down at my book. Me:"Yes, do you?" Person: "Not really. What kind of books do you read?" Me:"All kinds." Person:"Oh, well have you read that one book about the one famous person? I heard that was supposed to be good." Me:"I'm not sure how to respond to that..."
- So many books, so little time! If I had time to read everyday, I still wouldn't get to all of the books I want to read. Priorities can be confusing some times.
- Giving non-book-y people recommendations. Yes, I read a lot but that doesn't mean that I have any idea as to what you might like. I don't know which author's you might be akin to. Why don't you look at this magazine? It has a lot of pictures in it...
- Being disappointed when everyone and their mother is fan-sqeeing about a book. When I don't connect with those books I feel out of the loop somehow.
- Unable to get my hot little hands on super awesome ARCs. I absolutely love it when I get a ARC of a book I've been dying to read. Unfortunately, it happens less often then I would like.
- Slooooow paced books. I want to get wrapped up and scurried away into a novel not drudge my way through a story line.
- When I find an author that I absolutely love and no one agrees with me. There are some super awesome authors out there that need more recognition. How can I get the word out?
- Room. I'm running out of room for my physical books. This is a real serious problem. I can't get rid of them...my precious...
- Dumb characters that weigh-down an otherwise fantastic book. Especially when each chapter is in a different character's voice. When you get to that one character, it's like you don't know how you'll be able to get through the chapter!
- Knowing which book to read next can be a real conundrum sometimes, especially if you're totally in love with the book you just finished.
Ok, those are my real life book problems. I would love to read about some of yours!