Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Things I Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books
Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
- That "instant" connection..."I've only known you for 30 seconds, but you're my soul mate. Let's make out and then I'll constantly pine when you're gone."
- A knight is shining armor. Yeah, I said it...I love kick ass heroines who can fend for themselves and not rely on a big strong man to come in and save them.
- Anyone who sings. Disney, here's looking at you.
- Love triangles. While they occasionally have their place, overall YA and romance books have become overrun by them. Just have one, genuinely good guy. That's all I'm asking for.
- The Bella/Edward syndrome. "I'm totally in love with you and hang on your every word...blah, blah, blah...I can't stand to live without you..."
- The constant need to be with said "soul mate." We all need a little alone time. Really.
- The dark, brooding man. Get. Over. Yourself. And sister, move on!
- Constant gifting. A gift here and there is special and nice. But the man who constantly CONSTANTLY dotes on his girl is just annoying. Ex: Here's a dress so you look nice when you meet my work colleagues.
- Vampires. I had my True Blood phase, but it's time to move on to the living.
- Women doing reckless things for the "love of their life," and ignoring EVERYONE else's advice.