Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday:Ten Books I’d Love to Read With My Book Club (If I Had A Book Club).


Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I’d Love to Read With My Book Club (If I Had A Book Club).


All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
There is soooo many questions that would lead to good discussions. Is the main character really making poor choices to protect her family or because she feels its the right thing to do? What would be the repercussions of other various choices she made? 



The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
Again, there are numerous discussion points. Dementia. Making your path, different from what your family would chose. Coping with a chronic illness, etc...


Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan
This would be a fun book club read. This is a fun book in general! It would be fun to discuss the various locations of the book and the overall romance. 


Every Day by David Levithan
I'm not where to begin with this one. Can you change genders? How was "A" born? Did "A" have parents? Was "A" just soul or something more? What determines which sex you are attracted to?


The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
This brings up a lot of family issues. What the most appropriate way to raise a child? Is there a right way to begin with? What can be gained from Walls' childhood? Would she be the same person today if she had different parents?


Graveminder by Melissa Marr  
I would gear the discussion around the writing. Is there a lack of character development? Was this book based more on a premise than actually delivering a solid story?


The Help by Kathryn Stockett
This book has a lot of discussion potential. Segregation. Feminism. Social class. There are endless possibilities. 


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Unfortunately, I can't share my discussion points with this one because it would spoil the ending, but trust me...there are some good questions regarding the ending!


This realistic distopia leads one to ponder many questions. What would we do if our water supply ran low/out? What measures would you take to protect what you had? Would you leave the safety of what you know for the promise of something better? Is there more we could be doing to retain our resources so this doesn't become a problem?


Poison Study (Study #1) by Maria V. Snyder 
This whole series should be a book club MUST HAVE! Discussion points include: Did the main character make the right choice or should she have stood her ground on principle? Do you find the romance forced or natural? 

There are so many good books that would be great for a book club. What are some that you would recommend? 


1 comment:

  1. I love these choices!!! The Help and The Night Circus were both on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete