Monday, February 16, 2015

Secrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines by Katy Cannon




Book Summery (Via Goodreads): Grace: This was supposed to be Grace’s starring year, until she opened the door to a family secret that changed everything. Now she’s stuck making costumes in Sewing Club and watching someone else play the lead role – unless she can find a way to win it back.
Connor: Far from home and exiled to a new school, all Connor wants is to keep a low profile and get through the year. But agreeing to help his step-dad out with the school play means he’s soon caught up in Grace’s schemes.
Grace had a plan for this year – and it didn't involve learning to sew. But being out of the spotlight isn't the disaster she imagined, even if Connor is convinced she’s still a diva extraordinaire. Can Grace prove she’s really changed and save the play from the sidelines, even though her family is coming apart at the seams?

Book Review:
After hoplessly falling for Love, Lies and Lemon Pies, I knew I was in for a treat with Secrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines! Cannon has definitely stepped her game in this sophomore story. In the first book, I found Grace to be a privileged, arrogant character who mattered very little to me. In Secrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines, Grace's charter arc is nothing short of incredible. I felt Grace changing genuinely for the better, despite my hesitant expectation. Grace evolved into a character I really cared about. When Grace struggled, I struggled along with her trying to determine the best course of action for her to take next. Connor was an extremely adorable and lovable male counterpoint to Grace. What emotions I lacked for Mac in the previous book, Connor made up for this time around. I love that all the characters are back for Love, Lies, and Lemon Pies, with the addition of some new characters that add a pop of color. Overall, this is a cute contemporary series. I highly encourage Secrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines for readers looking for a light, fun read with some romantic flair!

Thanks to Stripes Publishing for this copy.
Published February 2 2015
This is my honest review.

Cover Art Commentary:
Is this not the cutest cover ever? I just adore the sewing theme. The colors are bright and eye-catching!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment